- The Wharton School of Finance and Commerce, University of Pennsylvania (B.S. in Accounting and Economics, magna cum laude, 1981)
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- California, 1984
William B. Kirshenbaum
(310) 860-3205 (fax)
Bill Kirshenbaum focuses his practice on business matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint venture formations, general counsel services, financings, licensing and commercial transactions. He is an advisor to domestic and international businesses ranging from entrepreneurs and family businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Bill’s industry experience includes aerospace, architecture, manufacturing, entertainment, real estate, retail chains, automotive, restaurants and apparel. He has served either as inside or outside general counsel for a number of companies. In these roles, he has extensive experience in the coordination of all legal affairs, including mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and commercial agreements with financing sources, customers, suppliers and employees. He also has many years of experience managing human resource, safety and environmental departments. With his diverse legal background and practical experience as a business executive, Bill creates sensible and cost-effective solutions for his clients. His experience enables him to quickly understand his clients’ businesses, including the customs and practices of their industries, and to proactively prevent unforeseen problems and costly litigation.
Bill has wide-ranging knowledge of the aviation industry gained from more than 15 years as general counsel for an international aerospace company. His expertise includes long-term supply contracts with OEM’s and major airlines, the purchase, sale, financing and leasing of aircraft and engines, government contracts and compliance with FAA regulations.
Bill also has substantial experience with international transactions, negotiating deals in Australia, Canada, China, Europe, Malaysia, New Zealand, Central and South America and the United Kingdom.
Seminars and Publications
- "Avoid Legal Pitfalls: What Every Business Needs to Know"
- "Negotiating Contracts in the Entertainment Industry," The Art Institute of San Francisco
- "Choosing the Right Business Entity for Your Firm," kTalk video from "Risk Management Best Practices" aecKnowledge continuing education course
- "The Whole Truth About Representations and Warranties," ZweigWhite Mergers & Acquisitions Summit, Las Vegas
- "Selecting and Forming Business Entities," The Art Institute of San Francisco
- "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2012"