- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.A. in Philosophy, cum laude, 2004)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2008)
- Leahy Moot Court Competition Oral Advocacy Finalist and Best Brief Winner; Opinions Editor, Georgetown Law Weekly
- California, 2009
- Federal District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California, 2010
Michael V. Mancini
(310) 860-2444 (fax)
Michael is a litigator and trial attorney whose practice focuses on entertainment and business disputes. Michael has represented, and continues to represent, clients ranging from internationally recognized businesses and world-famous celebrities to small local businesses and private individuals. Super Lawyers Magazine selected Michael as a “Southern California Rising Star” in 2016 and 2017.
Michael has significant experience in entertainment, intellectual property, real estate, insurance, unfair competition, bad faith, partnership dissolution, business separation, and contract-based litigation. He is committed to understanding his clients’ interests and goals, designing client-appropriate strategies, and negotiating favorable settlements. Michael has negotiated settlements of disputes large and small, secured pre-trial judgments and dispositive pre-trial rulings, excluded damaging evidence and testimony through motion practice, and co-chaired and second-chaired private arbitrations and civil trials in State and Federal courts.
- $2,280,000 trial verdict against global insurance company in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Summary judgment for celebrity defendant in multi-million-dollar real estate dispute in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Dismissal of all claims against celebrity athlete because the United States District Court for the Central District of California lacked both personal and subject matter jurisdiction.
- Co-chaired multi-million-dollar rescission and fraud trial in Los Angeles Superior Court with Dominic Surprenant of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP.
- Favorable workout of multi-million-dollar dispute with prominent commercial lender, including rejection of invalid penalty provisions lender attempted to enforce.
- $656,000 judgment awarded in Los Angeles Superior Court against producer accused of breach of contract and conversion by publicly traded entertainment company.
Prior to joining Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman, Michael owned and operated The Law Offices of Michael V. Mancini, a litigation boutique he founded after serving as a litigation associate at Lavely & Singer, P.C.
During law school, Michael was a student-attorney member of the Georgetown University Law Center Criminal Justice Clinic, where he gained evidentiary, investigative, motion practice, negotiation, and courtroom advocacy experience by representing felony criminal defendants before the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the United States Parole Commission.
- American Bar Association
- Beverly Hils Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association