- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.A. in Philosophy, cum laude, 2004)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2008)
- Leahy Moot Court Competition Oral Advocacy Finalist and Best Brief Winner; Opinions Editor, Georgetown Law Weekly
- California, 2009
- Federal District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California, 2010
Michael V. Mancini
(310) 860-2444 (fax)
Michael is a litigator and trial attorney whose practice focuses on entertainment and business litigation. Michael has represented, and continues to represent, clients ranging from internationally recognized businesses and world-famous celebrities to small local businesses and private individuals. Super Lawyers Magazine selected Michael as a “Southern California Rising Star” in 2016 and 2017.
Michael has significant experience with entertainment, intellectual property, real estate, insurance, unfair competition, bad faith, partnership dissolution, business separation, and contract-based litigation. He is committed to understanding his clients’ businesses, interests and goals. He uses this close focus to design client-appropriate litigation strategies and to pursue favorable settlements. Michael has negotiated resolutions of disputes both large and small, has secured pre-trial judgments and dispositive pre-trial rulings, and has co-chaired and second-chaired private arbitrations and civil trials in State and Federal courts.
- $2,280,000 trial verdict against global insurance company in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Summary judgment for celebrity defendant sued in multi-million-dollar real estate dispute in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Dismissal of all claims against celebrity athlete because the United States District Court for the Central District of California lacked both personal and subject matter jurisdiction.
- Co-chaired multi-million-dollar rescission and fraud trial in Los Angeles Superior Court with Dominic Surprenant of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP.
- Favorable workout of multi-million-dollar dispute with prominent commercial real estate lender, including rejection of invalid contractual penalty provisions lender attempted to enforce against client.
- Judgment for $656,000 awarded in Los Angeles Superior Court against producer accused of breach of contract and conversion by publicly traded entertainment company.
Michael spends his free time immersed in literature and music. Prior to joining the firm, Michael owned and operated his own litigation boutique, The Law Offices of Michael V. Mancini, which he founded after serving as a litigation associate at several venerated firms.
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hils Bar Association