- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Brown University (B.A. in Economics, 1990)
- California, 1994
Brad S. Small is a Partner at Rosenfeld in the Entertainment Transactions Group. Brad has over twenty years of experience as a transactional attorney, with a strong emphasis in all sectors of deal making in the television business. As a result of Brad's significant expertise in handling business and legal affairs matters in the industry, his representative clients have included A-level Hollywood creative talent, celebrities, executives, athletes, and companies. Brad also has expertise in the development, distribution, and exploitation of entertainment properties, whether for theatrical, scripted, non-scripted, and/or digital. Brad has the experience of being on both sides of the table as a partner at the Bloom Hergott Law Firm and as the EVP, Television Business & Legal Affairs, The Weinstein Company. At The Weinstein Company, Brad specialized in high-level business and financial transactions for the development, production, distribution, and exploitation of television, digital media, and other multi-faceted intellectual property. He handled negotiations with major television networks, well-leveraged production companies, and studios willing to finance and own content. Brad also negotiated with rights-holders, format owners, and complex property driven deals. Brad provided TWC with a superlative all-and-one service which included business affairs, legal counsel, Hollywood insider perspective, and global marketplace strategy. Brad oversaw, negotiated, and/or papered deals for the scripted and non-scripted television projects. He prepared company forms of agreements, standard terms and conditions, as well as contingent compensation provisions, exhibits and riders in connection therewith. Brad negotiated and interacted with third-party companies and broadcasters, such is AETN, Spike, AMC, HBO, BBC America, ITV, Amazon, Netflix, NBC, MTV, and Bravo, among others. Significant projects included Marco Polo, Mob Wives, Project Runway, Scream, Graham Norton, and the Jennifer Lopez HBO Special.
At the Bloom Hergott Law Firm, Brad specialized in scripted and non-scripted television actors, writers, directors, writers, producers, and companies. Brad made high-level deals for Eva Longoria/L'Oreal, Jonathan Goldsmith/Dos Equis, Mark Boal/Hurt Locker, Chris Gardner/Pursuit of Happyness, Triple H/Roddy Piper/Dallas Page/Chris Jericho/Jake the Snake Roberts//WWE wrestling and ancillary deals. Brad worked with specialized attorneys on real estate, litigation, intellectual property, family, corporate and charitable law matters, to name a few. During the course of his legal career, Brad has developed a vast array of professional and personal relationships in the entertainment industry here in Los Angeles, as well as in New York, London, Toronto, and other international locations.
- Selected by Southern California Super Lawyers in their annual Rising Stars issue, 2005.
- Selected by The Hollywood Reporter as the sole attorney in its annual "Next Generation" issue highlighting the top 35 business persons in the entertainment industry under 35 years old, 2003.
- Featured, "Going to the Mat." Brown Alumni Magazine, January, 2002
- Second Treatise of Government-John Locke (The Lincoln-Douglas Great Philosopher Library Series), Communican Publishing, 1996
- Just War Theory-Thomas Aquinas: An Introduction and Explanation (The Lincoln-Douglas Great Philosopher Library Series) , Communican Publishing, 1996
- John Stuart Mill- "On Liberty" (The Lincoln-Douglas Great Philosopher Library Series), Communican Publishing, 1996
- Represented actor in endorsement spokesperson deal for Dos Equis "StayThirsty, My Friends" campaign.
- Represented actors in endorsement opportunities and licensing deals for brands such as L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Heineken, Coty and Cointreau.
- Represented actors, writers, producers, and athletes in contract renegotiations for projects such as Pursuit Of Happyness, LOST, Desperate Housewives, Becker, Ghost Whisperer, The Glades, The Game, WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown.
- Negotiated book deals for A-level entertainment and sports personalities.
- Represented hosts, producers, and participants in a variety of non-scripted programs.